Grohe vs Kohler Faucets: What is the difference?
Although choosing a brand of faucets for your kitchen and bathroom may not seem like a big deal, it can still make a difference to your overall well-being. Having well-functioning fixtures that fit well into your home’s design can enhance your quality of life, so it’s important to take a moment to analyze your options.
Grohe and Kohler are two well-known brands in this space. While both make quality products, choosing the right one depends on your needs and preferences. Here’s how the two compare:
Grohe is a German luxury manufacturer of bathroom solutions and kitchen fittings. It was founded in 1936, and its reputation for making long-lasting, functional, and stylish products has made it one of the biggest manufacturers in its field, both in Europe and the rest of the world. Despite its long-lasting tradition, Grohe has prioritized keeping up with new technological advancements. The result is a line of products that masterfully blend traditional and modern.
What Are Some of the Advantages of Choosing Grohe?
Some of the most relevant benefits of choosing Grohe products for your kitchen and bathroom are:
- They’re long-lasting. Grohe only uses quality materials for its products. That, coupled with its excellent craftsmanship, means the products work as they should for a long time.
- They’re sustainable: Keeping up with the times, Grohe tries to promote sustainability. It mostly does that through its products’ quality and ability to get the job done with minimum water usage.
- It solely focuses on water-related products: Unlike other competitors, including Kohler, Grohe’s product line only includes water products. While expanding into other fields isn’t necessarily bad, you may be happier knowing that your brand specializes in one thing.
What Are Some Potential Challenges When Choosing Grohe?
As with every product on the market, there are a few reasons why Grohe products may not fit your demands. Some of them are:
- They’re above average in cost: The price of Grohe products reflects their high standard. However, investing a little more may work out to your advantage over the long term, as you won’t need to replace them anytime soon.
- They have relatively little design variety: Although Grohe puts a lot of emphasis on creating beautiful-looking products, other brands may have a wider design variety. This isn’t an issue if you like them, though.
Kohler is an American manufacturing company that was founded 150 years ago. Although best known for plumbing-related products, it manufactures a much wider product range, from furniture to engines. It’s widely considered a semi-luxury brand, as it attempts to manufacture products with a high price-quality ratio. It also offers frequent discounts on a lot of its products. Kohler is also known for the wide variety of their product designs.
What Are Some of the Advantages of Choosing Kohler?
Some of the perks of choosing Kohler products for your kitchen and bathroom are:
- They’re cheaper: Kohler products are cheaper than many competitors, including Grohe. This may make it a more suitable option if you’re on a budget, although the products will likely be less durable.
- They fit within a smart home: If you’re passionate about controlling everything in your house via your smartphone, Kohler products can help you do that. You can remotely turn faucets on and off, check water levels, and even see if they require maintenance.
- They offer great product variety: Kohler provides many products in each category. This can be useful to personalize your home as much as possible.
What Are Some Potential Challenges When Choosing Kohler?
Some potential downsides of choosing Kohler products are:
- They may require more maintenance: The flip side of using cheaper materials is that they’re more likely to break down. Although you’ll pay less when buying Kohler products, you’ll likely spend more over time on maintenance and replacements.
- They use plastic materials: Some materials in Kohler products are plastic based. While this can make them easier to use due to their lightweight, they’re also more likely to break down than their metal counterparts.
Grohe vs. Kohler: Direct Comparison
Having provided an overview of what both brands have to offer, here’s a head-to-head comparison based on multiple factors:
- Durability: Since Grohe’s products are built with better quality materials, they’re more likely to stand the test of time than Kohler’s products. The latter’s use of plastic materials makes its products generally less durable.
- Technology: Although Grohe uses modern technology to improve the quality and durability of its products constantly, they currently lack smart home integration. In contrast, Kohler offers full control over its products via smartphone.
- Maintenance requirements: Grohe is renowned for its products requiring minimum maintenance and will work flawlessly for many years. Kohler’s use of less resistant materials means its products will likely need some periodic maintenance operations.
- Price: Quality comes at a price, as they say, so Grohe products are more expensive than Kohler ones. While the latter is a valuable player in the reasonably priced product market, Grohe is the best choice if you’re willing to spend a little more today for better peace of mind tomorrow.
- Customer service: Both Grohe and Kohler have excellent customer service departments. However, Grohe’s superior build quality means it can offer a lifetime product warranty.
- Product variety: Grohe only specializes in kitchen and bathroom water-related products, whereas Kohler has a much wider range of products.
Allied Plumbing & Heating Supply Co. Can Help You Build Your Ideal Bathroom and Kitchen
If you plan on building the bathroom and kitchen of your dreams, our Allied Plumbing & Heating Supply Co. team is your ideal partner. Our range includes many Grohe and Kohler products, and we do our best to deliver them to you at the lowest possible prices. Visit our website or check out our Northwest Chicago showroom.